Thursday, November 4, 2010

Slavery in 2010?

Umm. I think I've been given this question before but I don't remember what my answer was. With that, I guess I can try to remember what I said and some. Slavery were some hard years for the Africans. Struggle to not get enslaved and struggle to be set free. Being under the control of someone else is something everyone is America just thinks of as "Omg, Ew!" Nowadays, we have so much more equality than back then that it would be too hard to even be able to try and enslave people. Technically, you're enslaved by your parents for 18 years :) I do know that slavery exists in other places around the goal but unfortuantely I do not know what those places are.
If I had to look at society today and try to find some similarities to slavery (which, I have to do right now,) I'd say it's kind of hard. I can't really find an example that brutal to compare to slavery.
When people are in prison, they get treated like priveleged slaves. They get to actually eat decent food, take showers, and have recreational time. The labor that they do though, is much like a slave. Hitting rocks in the sun is kind of like picking cotton.
That's the only thing I can really think of.
I POSITIVE Im missing so much though.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I agree we are enslaved by our parents for 18 years but then we are considered highly privelaged slaves in most cases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah :) Im gonna have to disagree with the part about our parents. We are allowed to be emancipated from our parents depending on our stability and their transgressions. However, school has us for our lives up to this point:/

    ReplyDelete