Thursday, December 9, 2010

Jay&Nick

Gatsby's first name is Jay? So casual for a dude so formal as he. Nick, casual but he's Nick so...
Gastby loves Daisy which is Nick's cousin and who is married to Tom.
Okay. Jay and Nick's relationship is quite vague. What I mean by that is theres not much to do with the relationship. They can't brag about how they've been BFFs and how they've known each other since diapers.
All they could do from Chapters 1-5 is go over each other's house and chat. That's about it.
I don't really know if Gatsby, excuse me, I meant Jay. I don't really know if Jay is using Nick to get closer to Daisy or if he really wants to be friends with Nick. Jay didn't bring much up with Nick about Daisy so it wasn't that obvious if he was trying to get closer to her. In chapter 5, we do see an interaction with Daisy and Jay where Nick comes back in the room they are occupying after an hour and sees Daisy drying tears while Jay is smiling. What goes on here isn't said but it's very frustrating because it's like an cliff-hanging lead.
I haven't completely finished chapter 5. I have about 4 more pages but as far as I get, Jay seems to be quite queer now. Like, overly excited and the real him is coming out.
So, was he using Nick or what? Nick doesn't seem to care anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Indigoe I see where you are coming from. I honestly didn't know if Nick was being played.
    "Jay seems to be quite queer now." ahaha

    ReplyDelete