Thursday, September 23, 2010

Response to Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God

What was this man thinking? I don't know exactly what this man was trying to prove or trying to say but whatever it is, it didn't do anything but make me think he was crazy. I don't if that's because I believe in the same God but I know differently or I don't know if it's really just because he's crazy. Honestly, If I were a child listening to this sermon, I would be terrified. Im depending on this man to deliver to me information on a  wonderful God and I get this horrid news. All of a sudden, God isn't who I thought he was anymore. Before listening  to this sermon, I knew that God was a great God and that he delivered and forgave everyone from their sins and that if you were good, you would soon go to Heaven to live with him. Now, I have this man telling me if I make one mistake, God is going to hang me overy the pit of hell and let the ragiing waters overtake me. As a kid in this day, I would  be terrifed to do anything in fear that I would make a mistake and God would do something to me and I would never go to heaven. The question that still bothers me is  if this man was trying to scare people into being good christians or was he trying to persuade people that God was a bad God? However this man was thinking was sort of chaotic. I wonder where he went to church and learned his lessons.

1 comment:

  1. Yeh the way he was preaching does make you wonder if he was trying to scare people into doing whats right.

    ReplyDelete